Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Mini delphi to EV6 adapter or switch connectors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 01:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mini delphi to EV6 adapter or switch connectors?

I plan on running Deka 80lb injectors which have an EV6 (or EV1) style connector. However, I have a 5.3 truck harness, which uses a mini delphi connector.

I was wondering if there is a certain connector that's better than another, since I know some people have said that even small differences in the wire can cause fluctuations in the signal going to the injector.

Would it be possible to simply pull out the pins in the truck harness and swap them into an EV6 connector? That to me would seem like the cleanest and most direct way to adapt the two connectors.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Nguyen
I plan on running Deka 80lb injectors which have an EV6 (or EV1) style connector. However, I have a 5.3 truck harness, which uses a mini delphi connector.

I was wondering if there is a certain connector that's better than another, since I know some people have said that even small differences in the wire can cause fluctuations in the signal going to the injector.

Would it be possible to simply pull out the pins in the truck harness and swap them into an EV6 connector? That to me would seem like the cleanest and most direct way to adapt the two connectors.
Some people are full of **** too.

I would doubt the Delphi pins will fit into a Bosch style connector though, so it'd be a case of chopping off the crimped terminal and crimping new ones on for your new connectors.

Always neater than adaptors if you have the wire length to do it. Adaptors are handy though
Old 06-18-2017, 07:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Thumbs up Do it right....

Stevie is dead-on.
We cut the connectors off, re-pin to EV1 connectors/pins. FAST has a kit for this. A quality crimper is req'd.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions/info guys.

So fast is a good company to go with for the connectors? What about crimpers, what would be a good set to pick up for this one time use?
Old 06-18-2017, 02:07 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

I've found these T-10 to be a pretty good and fairly universal crimper.

I have the other two they sell too, but that one is probably the best.

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...9-T-10&eq=&Tp=

Quick Reply: Mini delphi to EV6 adapter or switch connectors?