Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Injector Selection Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector Selection Issue

I bought a 5.3L LS engine from a 2002 Silverado truck and am rebuilding it to install into my 1972 Monte Carlo. It did not come with the truck intake manifold, so I purchased what was described as a Camaro LS III intake manifold on ebay. The injectors that came with it were Bosch 0 280 155 931. All had bad O-rings and two injectors were damaged. These injectors are rated at 25-28lbs/hr. My question is, are these ok to use in my application?
Old 08-05-2017, 11:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Those injectors were designed for a truck engine - low rpm grunt. Doesn't require a lot of fuel for that.

What do you plan on using the engine for? Higher rpm? Racing? Street performance? Are you going to modify the engine at all? New cam? Better heads? E-85? All of those things require more fuel, and would require bigger injectors.

What ECU are you going to use? If you are going to use the stock ECU that came out of the Silverado, then new different injectors will require a new tune in the ECU, and a new mass flow meter (if you're using one).
Old 08-07-2017, 08:49 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

An LS3 intake manifold will not fit on a 5.3.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector Selection Issue

I got the truck engine without an intake manifold or injectors and without the ECM. I plan to get an ECM and harness from BP Hotrods, as they will tune it to match your equipment. I have found that the manifold I purchased from ebay is from a 2000 Corvette. I had planned to use the injectors that are stock for a 2007 Impala with the 5.3L engine but it has been hard to find what the rating of the stock injectors was (22lbs/hr?). The engine has a stock LS camshaft and "862" casting heads.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:54 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Use whatever injectors fit, and tell whoever is doing your tuning which ones you used. They should be able to get the injector data entered in pretty easily.

If you are on stock cam, flow rate isn't going to be an issue with any of the stock injectors.

Quick Reply: Injector Selection Issue