Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Feed, return, injectors, rails?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 01:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feed, return, injectors, rails?

I am new to the LS scene and EFI and am still trying to figure out my setup. i recently purchased the new Fitech LS EFI for a turbo 5.3 on E85. The Fitech kit comes with 55lb injectors which are being switched out for the FAST high impedance 88 lb/hr injectors. the 3/8th fuel rails have -6AN fittings and i would really like to keep the rails but am not sure if they will support E85 and 18lbs of boost. The guys at Fitech said they have a car making over 1,200whp on the -6AN fittings. i am running a fuel cell with a -10AN line to a holley dominator fuel pump, -8AN from pump to rails, then im just not sure if i need an -8AN regulator or a -6AN since the rails are using -6AN fittings and crossover. also what size return line should i use. any advice is appreciated. also i am on a budget.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:08 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Don't overthink it. 6AN is enough for tons of power with the right amount of fuel pressure. Certainly enough for 88 lb injectors.

Making the return line the same as your feed line is usually more cost effecting in the long run.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

then should i upsize to a bigger regulator or run -6AN regulator

Quick Reply: Feed, return, injectors, rails?