Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Flex fuel capability of a few parts/pump?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Flex fuel capability of a few parts/pump?

Hey everyone,

I am really thinking about adding a flex fuel sensor to the B15 LSX/LSA blower swap I am performing on my 96 Impala SS

I have an Aeromotive 450lph stealth pump which is flex fuel capable.

Anybody else running this pump, or similar Walbro pumps on E85 with LSA blown setups? What kind of power would you expect this to support on E85? I figured not enough to support a pullied LSA blower on a full bolt ons B15 376 but maybe I am wrong.

Also, I have a set of 60lb seimens Deka injectors. Any reason that these wouldn't work for an LSA build on pump gas? I would go larger if I decide to make it flex fuel capable but I'm just wondering if there is any reason not to use these for a bolt ons, hopefully 550-600rwhp LSA build.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by kris396ss
Hey everyone,

I am really thinking about adding a flex fuel sensor to the B15 LSX/LSA blower swap I am performing on my 96 Impala SS

I have an Aeromotive 450lph stealth pump which is flex fuel capable.
I can't find a sensor with anything larger than 3/8" (-6) With a blower, you'll want to run at least 1/2" (-8) feed. To put the sensor in the feed line, you'll have to split the line, and then join it back up again.

You could also put the sensor in the return line, if you're using a -6 return.

GM sensors are not all that reliable, and tend to fail rather often. When I had a dual fuel car, I had an ECU with two fuel maps (Megasquirt) and a switch on the dash. When I wanted to switch, I would let the tank run pretty low, fill it with the new fuel, and then flip the switch.

I could have programmed in a sensor, the ECU was capable of that. But this was simpler and more reliable.