Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Help with fuel system

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Help with fuel system

Working on my build, it's coming together nicely but anticipating some issues with the fuel system.

96 Impala SS
LSX b15 376
LSA supercharger, ported TB
2.45 pulley
1 7/8ths headers
E67 ECU / harness by BP
Auto trans

Shooting for 650WHP on E85 using a flex fuel sensor/tune. I may wish to spray a 100 shot down the road. I currently have an Aeromotive Phantom 450 in tank pump (450 LPH Aeromotive pump in their custom bucket). I know it won't get close to supporting 650whp on E85 so I'm looking for some other options. It's daily driver so no big/loud external pumps like A1000's/ProTuner 750's. Here are some options I have thought up

Simply install a BAP on the 450 Phantom. Not sure how much more that would get me. I'm sure it wouldn't support the nitrous but if this would support 650whp on E85 I would do it as it's a cheap option to get things working for now on just boost.

Swap the 450lph pump out for two Aeromotive 340LPH pumps. I'm pretty sure Aeromotive's "twin phantom" system uses the same bucket and all as my single 450LPH, so I could just buy the pumps, another harness and swap it in. Not sure if those could hold up to E85 long term?

I'm new to LS swaps and I'm not sure if maybe I should be looking into incorporating factory CTS-V fuel system parts with an upgraded fuel system kit made for a CTSV retrofitted to fit my tank (like FORE innovations , Squash or even DSX aux pump), or if I should just do what I have done on most of my cars and run a typical feed/return system with an aftermarket boost referenced regulator.

I didn't plumb the car yet so still determining feed/return size. Most likely going to try to run hard line, I was thinking 1/2" feed 3/8" return.

Any help is appreciated!
Old 07-28-2018, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I think I'm leaning towards a dual 340lph Aeromotive setup. I spoke with an Aeromotive tech and he said because my 450lph was never submerged/run I may be able to exchange it and the bucket piece for the dual phantom setup at only pay the difference. He said it would support a little over 900 crank hp on an EFI/FI/E85 setup which would be plenty for blower only and should cover an additional 100 shot as well should I ever go that route.

Still trying to figure out what to use for a fuel pressure regulator and how to activate the 2nd pump. Not sure if the factory FPR from the CTSV/ZL1 could handle the added output of these pumps and added requirements of E85 or not. Also wondering if I should set the second pump on a hobbs switch or if there is some way to use MAP signal from the E67 ECU to activate it instead.

Quick Reply: Help with fuel system