Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Gauge Level Sensor Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel Gauge Level Sensor Issue

I was close to doing some street tuning with HPTuners and realized in a scan that my IAT sensor wasn't receiving it's 5 volts. I looked back at months worth of logs and noticed the IAT wasn't registering then either.

I am running SD so my MAF is removed. I used the other tan 5v reference from that harness and supplied power to the IAT sensor. I put everything back together and according to my logs, the sensor is working perfectly.

As soon as I figure it's time to tune, I cranked the car and noticed the fuel gauge was showing empty. All before the IAT sensor wire repairs the fuel gauge has been working as normal. I knew for sure I was at 1/4 tank when it failed. Logging the fuel sensors, both sensors are showing 4.98v. IIRC, the 2005-2006 sensors has a different output than the 07+. I hadn't messed with the pins at the connector that the sensor belongs to. I also can't run a jumper off of the pin dedicated to the fuel level senders as the car won't even go to the run position with that connector unplugged.

Any ideas what is going on here or things I can check? I would hate to have to drop the tanks and doubt both sensors went bad at once. this is a 2005 c6 with just short of 50k miles.