Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Rail Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 08:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Fuel Rail Dilemma

Hi Guys,
I may have a issue with my fuel system in my S10 with a 5.3 Vortec engine project build. My fuel rail originally came with two lines, feed and return, because of space and simplicity I thought a one line fuel rail from a 2005 Vortec would be great for my application with a Corvette style fuel filter/ regulator and a Walbro turbine style pump. It didn't make sense at the time why GM would waste all that money on two lines for years when they could get the job done with one. Little did I know at that time in 2005 the fuel pump was controlled by PWM (pulse width modulation), that controlled the pump on and off time to give optimum pressure from TPS and MAP inputs. Have I created a problem that I may never get a good tune or have driveability issues I may never resolve without going back to a two line rail. I don't want to go back to two lines ( No space, extra expense and major work to get the lines routed safely). This vehicle will see very little road time so long term tuning may not as important as a daily driver. What can I do?