Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

C5 fuel filter change/upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 09:56 AM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default C5 fuel filter change/upgrade?

Hi guys:

Since Im planning to get a tune and get a nitrous kit installed on my C5, i want to put a new fuel filter.

There’s any recommendation on which one to install? There’s any bolt on upgraded option available?

Thanks for your feedbacks!!!!
Old 09-11-2018, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by peterskunk
Hi guys:

Since Im planning to get a tune and get a nitrous kit installed on my C5, i want to put a new fuel filter.

There’s any recommendation on which one to install? There’s any bolt on upgraded option available?

Thanks for your feedbacks!!!!
The WS6 Store, who sells a lot of C5 Fuel filter/regulator conversion kits for the 4th gen fbody, recently switched the brand they supply in the kit to WIX. Told us they even switched remaining inventory to WIX. The kit FYI removes the internal regulator in the tank in 4th gen fbodies to an external regulator that is included in the c5 fuel filter/regulator. The kit is usually installed in fbodies when you exceed the limit of the internal regulator in the tank.

In fact I am in the process as I write this to convert my Camaro to the c5 fuel filter/regulator since I have to get into the tank to upgrade the pump from a Racetronix 255lph to Racetronix 340lph. When in the tank will remove the in-tank regulator.

But the info above is for the 4th gen fbody. For you if it's just a choice between AC Delco or other brands for your C5 you might want to consider WIX fuel filter/regulator instead.

As for the stock c5 fuel pump, have you calculated if it will be enough pump for the extra 150 + rwhp with a shot of nitrous? A Racetronix 255lph pump will support about 500 + rwhp if the stock wire to the pump has been converted to 10 guage. Don't know what your stock pump will support with stock wiring to the pump. You need 13.5 volts at the pump to maximize the potential of the pump at 58-60 psi.

If you haven't already done so, might want to visit the Corvette forum to see what others are doing when adding nitrous.