Notices
Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Bank 2 lean

 
Old 12-20-2018, 08:28 AM
  #1  
TECH Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 327
Default Bank 2 lean

So im at the dyno and every thing was fine pulled 556hp and now all of a sudden bank 2 is running lean where as bank 1 is greag. They tried new wires, plugs, tested the coils, checked fuel injectors andalso used new o2 sensors. Their isnt any error codes that im aware of it's showing on the dyno screen. So my question is if everything is fine as well as fuel pressue then how is one side lean and the other not if every thing is checking out fine. He literally didn't touch it after he shut it off he turned it back on and the idling was weird which is how we knew something was up. Doesnt make sense to any of us.
Philhippy45 is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 10:13 AM
  #2  
TECH Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Central Cal.
Posts: 10,567
Default

You replaced all kinds of stuff, but did you check each and every connection and ground? I'll bet that's what it is..
G Atsma is online now  
Old 12-20-2018, 10:26 AM
  #3  
TECH Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 327
Default

Originally Posted by G Atsma View Post
You replaced all kinds of stuff, but did you check each and every connection and ground? I'll bet that's what it is..
we checked every thing has the right power. So were assuming grounds and everything is good. It was fine before the dyno pull then we shut the car off and after we turned it on for the final pull that when it all happened.
Philhippy45 is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 07:05 PM
  #4  
Launching!
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 283
Default

Passenger side exhaust leak upstream of the O2? If this is a fresh build you might need to snug up on the header bolts after a few heat cycles.
s30.hybrid is online now  
Old 12-21-2018, 06:41 AM
  #5  
TECH Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 327
Default

Originally Posted by s30.hybrid View Post
Passenger side exhaust leak upstream of the O2? If this is a fresh build you might need to snug up on the header bolts after a few heat cycles.
we did that too. Every thing has power like it should. New plugs coils wires injectors o2 sensors re-torqued the header bolts checked all push rods good rockers are good. No bad valve springs valves or seats. No oil leaks or gas leaks. So we're at a loss compression is good and so is the leak down test. Wtf could it possibly be.
Philhippy45 is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 12:14 PM
  #6  
On The Tree
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 166
Default

Originally Posted by Philhippy45 View Post
we did that too. Every thing has power like it should. New plugs coils wires injectors o2 sensors re-torqued the header bolts checked all push rods good rockers are good. No bad valve springs valves or seats. No oil leaks or gas leaks. So we're at a loss compression is good and so is the leak down test. Wtf could it possibly be.
I see this is a bit old now, and you've probably figured it out.

But you have checked the rubber hose inside the fuel pump housing inside the gas tank? Bet it came loose.
AndyTA is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: