Notices
Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spark plug question

Old 04-24-2019, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Default Spark plug question

What would cause one bank of plugs to be all full of carbon and the other bank burning fine? Car idles funny sometimes than idles great with good afr other times?

Old 04-24-2019, 10:19 PM
Launching!

Check fuel trims and O2 sensor activity on the suspect bank and compare with the good bank.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by s30.hybrid View Post
Check fuel trims and O2 sensor activity on the suspect bank and compare with the good bank.
the car isnít running o2 sensors. Itís an lq4 turbo. I canít data log it or anything but I was watching the short term fuel trim it was at 58% while driving up the road. It seems like it wonít take fuel . It ran fine before. Why all of a sudden?
Old 04-25-2019, 08:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mikefliszar View Post
the car isnít running o2 sensors. Itís an lq4 turbo. I canít data log it or anything but I was watching the short term fuel trim it was at 58% while driving up the road. It seems like it wonít take fuel . It ran fine before. Why all of a sudden?
the car isnít running o2ís but yet you say the short term fuel trim is 58%.

how can you have a STFT if itís not running o2ís ?
Old 04-25-2019, 09:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Drj8787 View Post
the car isnít running o2ís but yet you say the short term fuel trim is 58%.

how can you have a STFT if itís not running o2ís ?
i guess that makes sense yeah hahahaha Idk my scanner is reading it somehow
Old 04-25-2019, 11:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you donít have o2ís in the car but not deleted out of the tune that might cause that issue and dump a bunch of fuel in thinking itís lean.
Have they been deleted out of the tune?
Old 04-25-2019, 12:54 PM
Teching In

If you donít have o2ís in the car but not deleted out of the tune that might cause that issue and dump a bunch of fuel in thinking itís lean.
Have they been deleted out of the tune?
yes. The car was tuned last year and ran perfect until I broke a piston. Swapped in gen 4 rods and pistons and ran fine again. I ended up re using my rod bearings with the new rods/pistons. Ran great once again but developed a rod knock. So I replaced the bearings and now have this issue
Old 04-26-2019, 12:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mikefliszar View Post
yes. The car was tuned last year and ran perfect until I broke a piston. Swapped in gen 4 rods and pistons and ran fine again. I ended up re using my rod bearings with the new rods/pistons. Ran great once again but developed a rod knock. So I replaced the bearings and now have this issue
how long was it ďrunning fineĒ for each time. Itís possible that o2ís are not turned for in the tune but the check engine light is turned off. Also are all 4 o2ís deleted or just the rears after the cat?
Old 04-26-2019, 01:29 PM
Teching In

how long was it ďrunning fineĒ for each time. Itís possible that o2ís are not turned for in the tune but the check engine light is turned off. Also are all 4 o2ís deleted or just the rears after the cat?
for over a year. Yes they are all deleted
Old 05-13-2019, 11:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

I was going to say stuck injector(s) but the chances of all four being stuck open/dirty on that side are pretty slim.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: