Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

How to replace fuel filter??

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 02:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to replace fuel filter??

I would like to replace my fuel filter and have never done this before. I was wondering if anyone has any walk-throughs on how to do it and what special tools I will need. Please post them here if you have them.

Thanks,
Rob

If this belongs in a different section, please feel free to move it.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.installuniversity.com/

the link above has a write up on it
i just replaced mine this morning
very easy to do
and no special tools needed
Old 08-08-2004, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Not a bad write up in Install University, but I personally believe it's a bit of overkill. If your iginition is off, the fuel pump won't come on. Removing the negative battery cable might not be a bad idea, but I believe it's not necessary. You don't have to remove the fuel pump fuse regardless (if the battery is out of the circuit, nothing can come on). Bottom line, if you leave the key off, and don't f* with anything electrical, you are ok.
And as to the Schrader valve release, I personally would rather have gas on the garage floor than in the engine compartment. After getting up on a ramp, or with the rear end on jack stands, I remove the gas cap, crawl under and (while protecting my eyes) slowly unscrew the filter, stopping when gas starts to squirt out, allowing the pressurized gas to escape from the filter fitting into a drain tub. Once depressurized than unscrew the filter the rest of the way.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:16 AM
TECH Resident

I did not even mess with the shrader valve. I installed the fuel pump and my turned over for about 5 seconds and fired right up.

Quick Reply: How to replace fuel filter??