Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Racetronix 99+ Fuel Pump installed… First Impressions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 08:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Racetronix 99+ Fuel Pump installed… First Impressions.

I just finished installing the Racetronix fuel pump and harness for 99+ plastic tank LS1’s in my 02 SS. I must say, this entire setup is absolutely the best fuel system on the market unless you do a completely stand alone fuel cell style setup.

I dropped my tank to install the pump and it went smoothly. The instructions from Racetronix to install the new pump into the tank are great, very detailed and easy to follow. Once the pump was installed and the tank was positioned so I could make the connections, I ran the new harness along the fuel lines to the alternator and made all connections. Also, the harness is the perfect length if you follow every contour of the fuel line for a clean almost hidden install.

Once that was finished, I strapped the tank in place and filled it with 5 gallons of fuel. The pump primed right away and everything works and fits flawlessly. Also, surprisingly enough, the pump actually sounds almost quieter than the stock unit. Most aftermarket pumps can really make your car sound like a piece when you first turn the key.

The only negative thing I could possibly say about the Racetronix system is that it really should include instructions shipped with the product. Also, some instructions on the harness would nice even though it’s a pretty straight forward install.

Regards,

Jeremy
Old 09-17-2004, 11:34 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jermstyle
I just finished installing the Racetronix fuel pump and harness for 99+ plastic tank LS1’s in my 02 SS. I must say, this entire setup is absolutely the best fuel system on the market unless you do a completely stand alone fuel cell style setup.

I dropped my tank to install the pump and it went smoothly. The instructions from Racetronix to install the new pump into the tank are great, very detailed and easy to follow. Once the pump was installed and the tank was positioned so I could make the connections, I ran the new harness along the fuel lines to the alternator and made all connections. Also, the harness is the perfect length if you follow every contour of the fuel line for a clean almost hidden install.

Once that was finished, I strapped the tank in place and filled it with 5 gallons of fuel. The pump primed right away and everything works and fits flawlessly. Also, surprisingly enough, the pump actually sounds almost quieter than the stock unit. Most aftermarket pumps can really make your car sound like a piece when you first turn the key.

The only negative thing I could possibly say about the Racetronix system is that it really should include instructions shipped with the product. Also, some instructions on the harness would nice even though it’s a pretty straight forward install.

Regards,

Jeremy
Only the 1st lot of systems shipped on Aug 31/04 did not have instructions bundled with the kits. Manuals were sent to the dealers via e-mail to help avoid problems. Manuals were also sent to customers via e-mail upon request via support@racetronix.com. All systems shipped after Aug 31/04 are being bundled with a fuel pump manual. Extra manuals were sent to dealers for customers that may still prefer a printed copy.

Thanks for the input.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 09-18-2004, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just finished installing one on my 02 Formula, and I must say it was pretty damn easy. Everything went smooth and the instructions were perfect and very detailed. My car fired right up, and it holds at ~62psi on idle and cruising speeds. At WOT on motor it drops down to ~58psi (where it used to be at idel and cruise). I will get it on the dyno next weekend to do a couple of N2O runs to see how the pressure holds up. On my last pulls before I installed this pump my pressure was dropping down to 40psi, and I am confident that this will keep up with my needs.

The pump really is very quiet. When just turning the ignition and the pump primes itself, it is quiter than the stock pump.

Great product at a great price!!!!!!!! Thanks for putting this kit together Racetronix!!!
Old 09-19-2004, 07:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I also purchased the Kit and i'll be running it with 30lbs SVO's.

Question: What is the % (percentage) flow difference between 28.8 (01) injectors and SVO 30lbs (34.54 lbs@4 BAR) with the RACETRONIX PnP all plugged up?

An accurate % would be so helpfull in adjusting for injector swap on my handheld programmer.

Thanks
Old 09-19-2004, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I put mine in and had to take away the 30% fuel we added in the PE table, now its good at almost stock settings.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dand35th
Well I put mine in and had to take away the 30% fuel we added in the PE table, now its good at almost stock settings.
What is your fuel pressure?

Quick Reply: Racetronix 99+ Fuel Pump installed… First Impressions.