Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

So, there's Big Stuff 3 and now...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 11:40 AM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So, there's Big Stuff 3 and now...

There's FAST XFI. It'll be curious to see how well this does. HotRod had an article on all the EFI products out on the market right now with a slightly longer article dedicated to this new product from FAST. Anyone else have the inside scoop on it? Is this on the same playing field as the BS3. Where do we think both of these products will go in the near future?

http://www.powerandperformancenews.c...egory_Code=XFI
Old 04-01-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Call 901-260-FAST(3278) For Your Application

in other words
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 04-01-2005, 11:57 AM
SSU'S Vice Mod

oh yeah? so you're saying stick with BS3 if you want to go standalone or piggybacked?

While I was reading the article I was thinking that this sounded like BS3 just with more flash. Am I wrong?
Old 04-01-2005, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sb427f-car
oh yeah? so you're saying stick with BS3 if you want to go standalone or piggybacked?

While I was reading the article I was thinking that this sounded like BS3 just with more flash. Am I wrong?
oh dude....i have no idea. i was just saying that if a price isnt listed...its going to be $$ not like any aftermarket standalone for our cars isnt $$$$.

that video clip was cool though...didnt post any dyno numbers or explained anything about it...the unit could of not been doing anything for all i know...just saw some lights..
Old 04-01-2005, 01:25 PM
I ruin the end of films...

I saw it at PRI and talked w/ Dave Henniger about it for quite a while. Pretty interesting stuff. They have a lot of the features the BS3 has, but I don't think it has anything for the boost controller (not sure if any F-Body guys have even got this to work).

FWIW, read some of the Mustang and GN boards for some more feedback about the BigStuff. Not everyone thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:10 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by mongse
I saw it at PRI and talked w/ Dave Henniger about it for quite a while. Pretty interesting stuff. They have a lot of the features the BS3 has, but I don't think it has anything for the boost controller (not sure if any F-Body guys have even got this to work).

FWIW, read some of the Mustang and GN boards for some more feedback about the BigStuff. Not everyone thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread.

There are bugs with any system, especially when you have different applications for it. I was reading about the various boost controler options with BS3 in the LS1 manual. Very cool, and that will unbelievable once someone get's that nailed down. Would you still need to run something like an EBoost or Apexi on top of that or would it totaly elliminate the need for it?
Old 04-01-2005, 02:18 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by MECHAM
oh dude....i have no idea. i was just saying that if a price isnt listed...its going to be $$ not like any aftermarket standalone for our cars isnt $$$$.

that video clip was cool though...didnt post any dyno numbers or explained anything about it...the unit could of not been doing anything for all i know...just saw some lights..

Schuebeck is a name that a lot of people should know but probably don't. That motor they showed was his own creation. pushing close to 1000 cubes and using some unbelievable internals. If I remember correctly from an article a long time ago, perhaps in Popular HotRodding, it's a 4 cam design that imploys synthetic materials as solid lifters on top of the valves. (ALA dodge neon motors, DOHC motors from the first gen cars). The kicker about these lifter was that the materials they were made from would actually be polished by hard metal (ie cam lobes). The design of them could be where you run a lighter snythetic part, with a hard body, basically a flat tappet cam and lifter design, but have cam profiles that rivaled the profiles of solid roller cams. Because the wheels, needle bearings, ect are eliminated, components become lighter. The bottom of lifter could be designed to be semispherical, thus allowing for the normal rotation of a lifter, eliminating retainers. Also, lifters and pushrods can be designed with more internal passages for oil flow. Truely remarkable stuff. There was more to it with the rocker arms he was working on too.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Big Stuff 3 > Fast XFI