Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

ok simple race fuel ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 01:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question ok simple race fuel ?

ok i see different grades of race fuel now my ? is on a slightly moded car all bolt ons etc... how much race fuel to add to regular 93 fuel? do it matter? or just run str8 race fuel? if so which grade? /////// and what if car has a 150 nos shot what grade a mixture would be safe now thats for my personal info other ? for a freind.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should stick to 92 octane pump gas.

Race gas mix in a (small shot) nitrous car is optional and just for insurance. It could be either grade but should only be run for limited amount of time to prevent damage.
Straight C14 or C16 will damage both engine and O2 sensors if you drive with it on the street.
Mixing up to 50% C16 in a 1/8 tank of pump gas just for the nitrous runs shouldn't hurt anything if you dilute it back down with pump gas immediately afterwards.
The best way to do race gas for nitrous is with a dedicated fuel cell, so it's on-demand only.

Race gas slows the burn way too much for street driving and will cook your exhaust valves in a fairly short period of time. The factory PCM will not adjust correctly and the compression will not be high enough in any case.

There are some unleaded 'street' types of high octane gas sold in some places, and some octane additives that you can run on the street with minimal problems, but then again that's because they have minimal effect.