Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Need help choosing right injector

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help choosing right injector

With the 'search' still not providing any records from longer than ~1 month ago, I'm at a loss with trying to choose the right injector for my setup. Thus, hopefully ya'll can assist..!

Car is an '02 Firehawk (M6), and has/will have installed when it comes out of storage this springtime:
LS6 Block
LS6 Stage-II Heads (318cfm), milled & .045" Cometics, 10.9:1 CR
Comp XE-R 224/224 .581" 114LSA Cam
FAST 90mm Intake
NW 90mm TB
85mm MAF
ASP Underdrive Pulley
StainlessWorks Longtube Headers
Plus all the other various little bolt-ons....

Car will be PCM tuned in the spring, and I expect ~435rwhp, +/-10hp.

Using the injector-calculator in the 'sticky', I'll need a minimum of a ~32lb-hr injector, assuming a 80% DC. So, I thought a 36lb injector ought to be a good choice. I have no future plans for taking the car to any higher HP levels than this, so I do not need to consider future "upgradeability" with my injector choice.

Looking at the various vendors on the right ---->, I haven't found anyone selling 36# injectors aside from SLP. Are there any choices for 36# injectors, and if so, what's recommended? Doesn't GM make/sell 36s in their ASA-spec engines?

Would you agree that this size is appropriate for my mod-level? If not, what other injector size would you recommend, and from where to purchase? Ease of tuning also is a consideration, if there are any injectors that have just been a pain to PCM-tune...

(BTW, I won't use SVO injectors. Its a personal "thing".)

Thanks for any help that you can provide!!
Old 02-02-2006, 07:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What #s did you use for the calculator? Make sure you are using flywheel (estimated) hp instead of your estimated rwhp. If you don't want SVOs you can also go with the Lucas/Delphi units, several of the vendors on here sell them.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bshell
What #s did you use for the calculator? Make sure you are using flywheel (estimated) hp instead of your estimated rwhp. If you don't want SVOs you can also go with the Lucas/Delphi units, several of the vendors on here sell them.
I used 475 flywheel HP; BSFC of .5 and a max DC of .80.