Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

How Do You Make A Return Line

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 09:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Do You Make A Return Line

Hey,
I'm putting an LS1 into a 65 impala. How do I run the return line into the factory tank? How do I drill a hole or make put a fitting in it without drilling a hole/ blowing the tank up in my face? Also, where would you recommend for location of the return port. In the filler neck or in the sending unit? Thanks
Nick
Old 04-11-2006, 10:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for my return line I routed it back through the top of the stock tank where the old 'fuel out' line went. you can also just drill a hole in the top of the tank pretty much anywhere on the top of the tank and get an AN fitting to go in the hole that will keep it from leaking and then just affix a hose (i used braided steel lines) to that fitting. i did that for the hole I drilled in the bottom of my tank to pull fuel from and it works fine. as for the actual drilling of the holes. we just drained the tank to the best of our abilities and went at it even though it still had some gas in it. i'm sure being in a well ventalized area is a good idea for this one.. and make sure you don't accidentally spark anything but we had no trouble whatsoever doing mine... just make sure you get all the drillings out of the tank when you're done...