Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel level sending unit questions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 12:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fuel level sending unit questions...

After my racetronix install my level sender quit working. I thought maybe I had the purple wires backwards ( although I did them one at a time). I pulled the tank again and checked the ohms and they were all messed up ( 40.8-259 ohms). I swapped the purple wires around and the ohms are the same. I'm out of ideas. Can anyone give me any suggestions? I'm wondering if the sending unit went bad but it just doesn't make sense the unit went bad during the install. I'm still kinda leaning towards a wiring problem. I want to get my car running again since the weather is warm and I have the new rear in. Haven't had any luck thus far with racetronix support. They haven't even answered one of my emails but oh well. Probably not much they could tell me anyhow.
ps.
what would be the best way to test the gauge without putting the tank all the way in? I need power to the pump but not sure how to check the sender without the pump trying to prime. Looks like I could maybe just reconnect all the lines with the tank sitting in the floor and try it that way. Either way I want to be damn sure this thing is working before I put it back in because that tank is zero fun to drop.