Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

ATTN: weldon 600-A pump owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ATTN: weldon 600-A pump owners

I got the full fuel system from Nasty Performance and when I first installed the system, i would build up fuel pressure in the lines and when the pump shut off the pressure would hold. Now, when the pump is off, the pressure bleeds off instantainiously. I check the lines and injectors and they are all fine. I have no leaks. I was thinking it was the internal check valve or something to do with the pump. I emailed weldon and the tech replied saying there is no check valve in the pump and pressure will bleed off. Since the pressure bleeds off so quickly now, I have to wait like 3-5 sec. for the pump to prime the lines first before cranking the car or it will just turnover and over due to the lack of fuel pressure. Something just isn't adding up. All those with the weldon pump, do you have to wait when cranking your car or does it start right up? If you turn your car on (not cranking) and let the pump prime, when the pump turns off, does your pressure compleatly disappear or do the lines hold some pressure when the car is off? Please help, Thanks -Andrew
Old 04-17-2006, 06:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If there is no internatl check valve, then yeah it will bleed off pretty damn fast. Just get an inline Earl's check valve...
Old 04-20-2006, 08:10 AM
On The Tree

anyone with a 600-A? I could just put in a check valve but the part that concerns me is that the pump initially held fuel pressure. I would like to know what others are doing.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by andyws6
I got the full fuel system from Nasty Performance and when I first installed the system, i would build up fuel pressure in the lines and when the pump shut off the pressure would hold. Now, when the pump is off, the pressure bleeds off instantainiously. I check the lines and injectors and they are all fine. I have no leaks. I was thinking it was the internal check valve or something to do with the pump. I emailed weldon and the tech replied saying there is no check valve in the pump and pressure will bleed off. Since the pressure bleeds off so quickly now, I have to wait like 3-5 sec. for the pump to prime the lines first before cranking the car or it will just turnover and over due to the lack of fuel pressure. Something just isn't adding up. All those with the weldon pump, do you have to wait when cranking your car or does it start right up? If you turn your car on (not cranking) and let the pump prime, when the pump turns off, does your pressure compleatly disappear or do the lines hold some pressure when the car is off? Please help, Thanks -Andrew
I checked mine last night, and it does the same thing. I have never noticed it before though.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:09 AM
FormerVendor

They do not have an internal check valve it will bleed down over time.

Nate
Old 04-24-2006, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

I know that is the case but I am just confused as to why it initially held pressure and now it does not. The pressure bleeds off in an instant, not just over time. The fuel pressure literally drops to Zero as soon as the pump turns off. It didn't do that at first. If it was never ment to hold pressure, then why did it initially? That is what's bothering me, that is the real question. -Andrew
Old 04-24-2006, 10:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blown408
I checked mine last night, and it does the same thing. I have never noticed it before though.
Does yours hold any pressure at all when the pump shuts off, (right when it shuts off not the next day or anything)?