Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel system upgrade for returnless 04'+ ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 02:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel system upgrade for returnless 04'+ ???

I need to upgrade the fuel delievery on a 04' SS Silverado 6.0L Turbo. It has a returnless system and I am not sure what is the right way to go about upgraging it. Can I use an MSD boost-a-pump and a new fuel pump? Any help would be very appricated.

Mark

P.S. I hope this isn't to big of a repost!
Old 05-28-2006, 01:53 PM
9 Second Club

I think the first thing you need to figure out is what horsepower range are you expecting. Then its alot easier to spec out a fuel system that will support your needs.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I'm running the boost-a-pump on my LT4 turbo 383 TA (Walbro 340 in tank pump/ Siemens 55# injectors, 12+/- PSI of boost), it seems to work OK on the lowest setting, but I've never had the car completely tuned. I'm making 498 RWHP & 579 TQ with a rear mount turbo.

Along these lines, the 2003 LM7 5.3 I'm puting in the Supra has the truck intake & rails (inlet & return lines). I thought all the Gen III injectors were the same, but I found out they are not. Are you running the truck intake on your turbo 6.0?

I'm going to go to an LS1 intake for the 5.3 (mainly due to hood clearance), I'd like to keep the truck rails but I can see due to their design I'll have to go to the LS1 rails from like a 97-98 so I can use the existing return line on the Supra. I had to cut the supply line since a fitting rounded off, so I'll run some 3/8 aluminum line from the tank to the motor. I'm looking for 400-425 FW HP on my setup.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
I think the first thing you need to figure out is what horsepower range are you expecting. Then its alot easier to spec out a fuel system that will support your needs.
Well to answer your question, I expect the motor to make @ 420-450 at 6 psi. and 620+ at 15+psi. I have been so caught up in the motor build that I have forgotten about everything else. I am using the truck intake which is already fitted c 42lb injectors. I have done the math and it seems I will need 53-55lb injector under the higher boost setting, however that is a small task. I am more concered with the now stock fuel system. I spoke the MSD tech and they had no answers for me other than saying not to run the BAP on a returnless system.

I have been poking around the empty engine compartment and it appears that they may be an unused return line already in place. Did Chevy still put the return lines in the chassie and then not use them? Anybody know anything about this?

Thanks again,

Mark

Quick Reply: Fuel system upgrade for returnless 04'+ ???