Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Ethenol E-10

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006 | 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Ethenol E-10

There comes a time when you have to sit back and look that the government has finally rationalized selling "race gas" to the public. Not that E-10 is particularly race gas but its a vast step in a cleaner burning, cooler burning gas that can be pumped into any car and I知 not 100% on my facts but isn't it a little better than 93 octane regular gas and I know it doesn't leave nearly as many deposits in your intake, head, etc. Now there is even 2 stations selling E-85 which a modified "tuned" car could see vast gains I mean drag cars have paid high dollar for this in the past and now they are offering it as a cheaper solution to regular unleaded ... sounds like a good idea to me just wondering if anyone has tried it in the ls motors yet particularly f-bodies I think I知 going to give it a shot and also tune with it one time and see if I get any better numbers.. also please post up if you know anywhere that sells it I'm interested In the Raleigh NC area and surrounding (Clayton, Smithfield etc.) but I知 sure someone else has though of it .. Surprised no thread was started...
Old 07-20-2006 | 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you do not mind paying more for fuel and getting worse milage, it's great.
Old 07-20-2006 | 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

e85 is not so bad. sure its somewhat corrosive but the fact of the matter is, we are on the verge of a biological change. global warming is becoming a serious matter we continue to neglect. if e85 can help that then i am all for it. our cars come second to the environment IMO.

and i do realize that automobiles only make up a fraction of the earths polution but its a great start
Old 07-21-2006 | 10:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ethanol is not on its face a bad idea; it's all in how you produce it as to its real value. The research I have read leads me to believe corn is the least efficient/effective way available. Surgar is not much better. Confining ourselves to corn production will eventually put us right back where we do not want to be, paying inordinate fuel prices and being supply constrained.