Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

would adding fuel rails be the equvilent of adding a BAP?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default would adding fuel rails be the equvilent of adding a BAP?

pretty simple straight answer,

would having a intank 255L (racetronix) pump with a boost a pump and stock rails and lines

have more or the same amount of fuel delivery as

a intank 255 (racetronix) with stock lines and aftermarket fuel rails.........
Old 10-29-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really dont get the in-line pumps. They can only pump as much as the intank pump can. If the intank cant keep up then the bosst a pump aint gonna help anything, IMO those BAP's are straight rip offs and you must be really naive or lazy to buy one.

Oh to anwser you question, I think the 255 with aftermarket rails will flow better.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by brad8266
I really dont get the in-line pumps. They can only pump as much as the intank pump can. If the intank cant keep up then the bosst a pump aint gonna help anything, IMO those BAP's are straight rip offs and you must be really naive or lazy to buy one.

Oh to anwser you question, I think the 255 with aftermarket rails will flow better.
a BAP will make a 255L pump 50% more fuel, so its like 1 and a half 255L pumps, so im sure it does something
Old 10-30-2006, 06:21 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A bap will ensure that you get the advertised pump fuel delivery. How does it do it? By keeping the voltage steady no matter what other current needs the car has.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:23 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

two different things -

BAP is a voltage regulator for the pump, which ensures the pump gets its capacity of voltage at all times.

In-line pump is an actual second fuel pump added to the fuel line, which assists the in-tank pump.

Both work pretty well.

Aftermarket fuel rails increase the volume of fuel directly behind the injector, making it less likely to starve for fuel.

Rob (Bad30th)
Old 11-01-2006, 10:25 AM
12 Second Club

I think the point of the 'naive' and 'BAP is a ripoff' comment might be this simple: A relay and a 10 gauge wire run from the alternator can provide plenty of current to the pump. If you need more than 13.5 volts at the pump, you probably need a bigger pump. But the relay and bigger wire to the pump will fill in the space between 'my pump doesn't deliver rated flow by the time the stock wiring has some voltage drop' and 'my pump isn't big enough for my flow needs'.