Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

In tank wiring issue...HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 01:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In tank wiring issue...HELP

I'm not sure if I should start my truck yet, and haven't because I don't need it to explode. I tried putting an intank 255 earlier and was unsuccessful because I couldn't get the line of the stock pump that goes into the canister. Anyway, I had already cut and butt connected the new harness on so I then had to put the stock harness on still with butt connectors. I wrapped them in electrical tape too...as if it makes a difference. Question is, is it okay to turn it on with wires like that inside the tank??? Please let me know a.s.a.p.

tia,
justin
Old 10-30-2006, 07:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

As soon as fuel hits the electrical tape the adhesive will fail and it will fall to the bottom. As long as they are butconnected with no wire stands hanging out it will be fine. If you have to go in there again get some of the gm buts that you crimp and then heat with a lighter to shrink them they are ok for use in fuel applications. As long as the sending unit is in the tank it will not explode there is no oxygen. Same goes for it being submerged in fuel.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Running butt connectors is fine, just not the best. The best soloution is to heatshink it with solderd connections.