Fuel Pump question

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump question

Hi,
I just got back from the dyno.
I built an LS2 forged lower end w/ probe pistons and connecting rods, stock LS1 crank, 98 heads CNC ported w/ 2.02/ 1.57 valves, stock LS1 intake, Vortech super charger @10 PSI, siemans 60# injectors and meth injection. I ran into a fuel problem, @ 8 PSI of boost and 5300 RPM, the fuel PSI starts to drop from 65 PSI to 40 PSI. I do have a booster pump and did try adding a voltage booter on top of it, this did help but wasn't enough. My question is: What pump grade should I go with? the stock in-tank is most likely the problem. what is the best pump to run?

Oh ya The car pulled 536 / 487 WRHP on the dyno.
I was hoping for 550 RWHP and fell short due to this fuel problem.
after the upgrade, it should be no problem to hit.

Thankx
Al
Old 01-21-2007, 09:50 PM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a 98 F-body? You're making pretty decent #'s for a stock pump. I have my ideas a Racetronix setup would be a good start, but i'll let others help you out more from here. I guess at this point it depepnds if you're going to be happy with 550rwhp, or if you'll eventually want more.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ss1
This is a 98 F-body? You're making pretty decent #'s for a stock pump. I have my ideas a Racetronix setup would be a good start, but i'll let others help you out more from here. I guess at this point it depepnds if you're going to be happy with 550rwhp, or if you'll eventually want more.
Thanks fr the reply,
This is a 99, got a great deal on the heads.
As for if 550 WRHP will be enough? If it isn't I'll build a new motor. I already can't keep the wheels from spinning in third gear!!!!!!! I was on the freeway at 65mph, dropped a gear and punched it, the rear wheels just lit rightup.

at this point I just want to get what I can out of this motor and have some fun.

What are the #'s on the Racetronix setup?

thx
Al
Old 01-21-2007, 10:38 PM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Racetronix, they're a sponsor. Check out their site.

http://www.racetronix.com/RX-F99-FPKG-2.html

If you think you're going to want more power in the future, you should also look into a Racetronix dual intank setup...or build one yourself.

There's quite a bit of info about all of this in the fueling section. Search around and you'll find plenty of reading material.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ss1
Racetronix, they're a sponsor. Check out their site.

http://www.racetronix.com/RX-F99-FPKG-2.html

If you think you're going to want more power in the future, you should also look into a Racetronix dual intank setup...or build one yourself.

There's quite a bit of info about all of this in the fueling section. Search around and you'll find plenty of reading material.
Thx for the reply,
This looks like a great setup.
The ad has not been updated since 2005.
has the new system been released yet?
thx
Al