Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Racetronix Install for 98

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 06:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racetronix Install for 98

Anybody have a link, or know of a good write-up for installing a racetronix on a 98 f-bod!
Thanks
Old 04-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Launching!

Did you not get the directions with the kit? If not, I can PM you the basic idea, but it's much easier with the pictured directions.

Are you just wanting to know about dropping the tank or the actual pump install?
Old 04-02-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, I have the directions that came with the kit. I'm sure I can figure out the pump installation. I'm just a wondering how involved the fuel tank removal is, and 'bout how much time I need to set aside?
Old 04-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Launching!

Took us a good couple hours. It's def a two man job. I had about a 12 pack along the way, so that prob slowed things down a bit. Disconnect the harness/fuel return/feed/vapor lines, then the straps, then it should come right down. We had trouble with the connectors that attached the lines to each other. You also need to remove the lower control arm and panhard bar...at least, I think that's what they're called. Nothing major. Of course, I don't have an exhaust on my car...just LT's with Bullets. I didn't touch the rearend on my car, so I don't think you should have to lower it, as I read before I did it.

Should be six bolts for the bars, and two bolts for the straps. You'll also have to remove the heat shield below the tank. Then it will come right out.