Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

How to assemble teflon hoses?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007 | 01:40 PM
FormerVendor

Default How to assemble teflon hoses?

Anyone know where I can find a 'how to' on this for reusable teflon fittings?
Old 04-05-2007 | 03:13 PM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

I think it depends on the brand and type of hose. Some of them (Icore, maybe?) require an "olive" while others may not.
Old 04-06-2007 | 07:26 AM
FormerVendor

OK, the fittings have a ferrule inside, it looks to me like you would push the hose through the nut, slide the ferrule onto the teflon portion of the hose, which would flare out the braided stainless. At this point you would tighten down the nut to lock the ferrule and stainless braids inside the nut???
Old 04-06-2007 | 05:50 PM
TECH Resident

You got it Mike. Teflon hose is the easiest to put together.

I cut the hose, you must be sure its done square, slide on the nut and then take a small screwdriver and pry the sleeve gently away from the teflon liner. Deburr the edge of your cut lightly with a pocket knife if necessary, push on the ferrule until the cut end butts up against the step of the ferrule, I use a wall or bench to push against. Insert the tube fitting while pushing and twisting slightly, you want to make sure you don't catch the edge of the tube liner and fold it. Tighten the two together, teflon is nice because you don't have to fight it or use a vise to tighten.

If you get stuck I can take pictures of an assembly. Let me know.

Mark

(if you wonder why I'm being so nice its because I'll need you when its time to figure out my clutch adjustment on my Ram sintered iron single... )
Old 04-07-2007 | 06:30 AM
FormerVendor

Great info. I was surprised nobody had asked this before on here.

No prob on the tuning of the clutch just let me know what you need!
Old 04-07-2007 | 06:32 AM
FormerVendor

Mark - I just got an email from Jared at Aeromotive, his 98 with the same procharger setup otherwise stock made 487/445 so I'm pumped for tuning on mine!
Old 04-07-2007 | 07:08 AM
TECH Resident

Those cars are just plain stupid with a blower. I hear about C5's all the time with over 600 and I just can't see how they use it. Almost 500 with a completely stock car is going to be a blast to drive. You've got complete exhaust so you should see over 500, let me know if you want another pulley.