Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Badass Canton Racing Fuel Filter Installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Badass Canton Racing Fuel Filter Installed

I just installed Canton Racing Products GM-EFI fuel filter in my 99' Z28 1LE. The part number is #25-909. It is much bigger than the stock "choker", and uses a billet aluminum canister, that can be disassembled. It is purpose built for 93-02 Fbodies. If you are using nitrous or have a modified plant, I highly recommend this. Canton Racing specializes in making, dry sumps, oil & fuel filters for the professional racer. It is practically bullet proof. It uses a double depth filtration element versus the cheapie stock job. Not aside from the fact, that it outflows everything by an assload.
I did notice a marked improvement, when I swiched to this from a poor quality service replacement part. The car did feel better.
When I originally replaced the Delco GF627, that came new with my car, the service rep behind the counter gave me a GF578. I asked him about the different numbers and he said that was what GM had listed and there was new contractor for making the filters, and they used that number. I wasn't believing it anyway, pure BS. I went ahead and installed the GF578, and the car ran sluggish.
With the Canton filter, my car did wake up. The part costs $75. It's a more expensive than the cheap filters, but you get what you pay for. The unit can be disassembled for replacement of the element, and reassembled, plus you can inspect the old elements once they are removed. The elements are a few dollars and can be ordered directly from Canton Racing or Racer Parts Wholesale. Canton specializes in parts for the serious professional racer. So, if you're looking for a decal and a hat or t-shirt, go elsewhere. I wish I had some pics to post and will work on it. I am not savvy with computers, but I do have a digital camera. So if somebody wants to give advice on posting pics please feel free.
Heres' their website www.cantonracing.com/fuel.cfm#

<small>[ March 30, 2003, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: sawedoff ]</small>
Old 03-31-2003, 11:33 AM
Launching!

Default Re: Badass Canton Racing Fuel Filter Installed

Was it a direct swap. Same conections as the stock filter? I nned to replace mine soon.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Badass Canton Racing Fuel Filter Installed

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by rob-ss:
<strong> Was it a direct swap. Same conections as the stock filter? I nned to replace mine soon. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, it is a direct swap in. It is bigger in diameter and slightly longer than the "choking" OEM unit. It uses the same connections and all. You will need to take the nylon lock clip off the OEM and snap it onto the new one. You won't need to use the bracket that holds the OEM unit. It's not big enough, so you'll have to take it off. The Canton filter will hold itself in place.

Quick Reply: Badass Canton Racing Fuel Filter Installed