Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Material to make bellow from????

Old 04-13-2003, 12:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Material to make bellow from????

Anyone know where to find some material to make your own bellow from??

I bought one of the new over sized lids that use the C4 K&N filter. The material they send is basically rubber inner tube. It does not look the best. When I my new 85mm MAF from SLP to the equation the new bellow material is not long enough to make the new lid fit properly.

I have seen some suggestions to use plastic drain pipe, PVC, etc., but those are not exactly right in size and they do not look very professional.

I would like to find the fiberglass reinforced stuff that SLP ships with the 85mm MAF in bulk so I can make the whole solution of that material. It would look so much better.

The fact that the TB is wider then the MAF end doesn't help either. is not the exact size in diameter.
Old 04-13-2003, 09:16 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Material to make bellow from????

what's up redfirehawk? ok, first of all, do not use PVC. bad idea. reason being is that it does not have any flex in it. it needs to absorbe the tourque of the motor because the air box does not move. there has to be a point between the the throttle body and the box that gives a little. thats why the stock bellow isnt hard. you can find the perfect size bellow in home depot. look in the plumbing section. i believe it is 4" in diameter. it is black rubber reinforced with fiberglass. i cant remember what it is actually used for. anyhow, good luck.

Search this Thread