Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel pump,fuel filter,or valve float? (dyno graph inside)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fuel pump,fuel filter,or valve float? (dyno graph inside)

The car has made almost 420rwhp through a LOOSE yank converter and slipping trans at 6100 rpm on a weak tune. I'm still on the stock fuel pump at 95K miles I had a problem with my 1st set of heads and were sent a new set is it possible theres some valve float in this graph? The 1st graph was back in march and the trans was slipping in this pull. I went today though to dyno the car to see what it was down on power and it was rich on a wideband last week and now its lean?????????? Is it possible the fuel pump is shooting ****? If it was though would it cause the drastic drops in power and almost down 100rwhp where it should be? Or would it be a steady drop? Or is anyone seeing possible valve float in the 2nd graph. The 1st run in the 2nd graph was with no a/f hooked up. The others were and its going retarded lean. Also I havent beat on the car much since the 1st dyno pull that made good power since the car has been down for the 1st set of heads going bad. Is it possible my fuel pump just let go? I mean **** with a good tune spinning to 6800 or so it should make damn near 430+rwhp through my automatic. Also a picture of a plug after I babied the car home if it helps.

Last edited by AutomagicLS1; 07-21-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put a fuel pressure guage on the rail and see if it falls off.