Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

question about duel intank install

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default question about duel intank install

OK I just reread my post, I must of been sucking the gas fumes to long, lol.

This is what I did. I put the walbro pump next to the stock pump, I cut the bucket to make it fit, I also put a T fitting in and ran FI rubber hose to connect everything. Everything is normal so far. I 'll have the second pump kick on with eather a toggle sw. or with a WOT sw on the TB set to come on at about 50%.

Now my question is, on the stock pump is has a little hose that goes to the bottom of the bucket to suck in gas so the pump stays cool and always has gas. What do I do with that hose? right now I just left it off but I havent installed the tank yet because I am not sure. Should I just run a small hose down to the bottom of the filters and tiestrap it in place? or just not worrie about it?

I took some pictures but I use my new phone and somehow they didnt save? If I have to take it back apart to put a hose on I'll take somemore.

I asked the repair guys at work (GM truck plant) and nobody had a clue because the trucks doet have the same setup. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by n2ojunkie; 08-10-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:02 PM

yes i want to see!!!
Old 08-11-2007, 06:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

come on someone should know? this just temporary fix until I redo the whole system this winter.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

not to hijack, but what fittings did you use to y the pumps together? Everything i've found is AN fittings.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

that's alright im not getting any answers anyways. I followed the instructions that are in the stickey at the top, if you go to the second page I think frost is the poster , he has a link to the duel pump install. I just used a 5/16's T and fuel injection hose and clamps.

Im going to take the pumps out tomarrow and put the hose and the little fitting back on the stock pump and just tie strap it so its level with the pickups of the pumps.