Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel pressure not adjusting...???

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel pressure not adjusting...???

Good morning gentlemen. I have a slight problem with my new fuel system which leads me to a few questions. (LS1 Swapped into a 63 nova) I am also going to post in the conversion area, I thought I would get good answers here as well. Thanks in advance.

1) Why wont my fuel pressure adjust?
2) I have a boost referenced FPR and no turbo/sc. Do I need to plug this into vacuum?

Here is my setup. Aeromotive intank pump, 1/2" feed and return hard lines, braided lines to and from Nasty Fuel Rails. I run the fuel feed line to the drivers side rail first, it crosses over to the passenger side rail, exits passenger side, goes to the regulator, and then returns to the tank.

Right now the needle on my FP gauge (mounted on the reg.) is right at about 50# and I cannot adjust any higher. The car runs and drives alright, no hesitation, stumbling etc, but it is definitely not right if the pressure cannot adjust.

Thoughts, anything to check, etc? Thank you for your help.

-Jamin
Old 08-27-2007, 11:04 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a faulty gauge or faulty FPR. You have it set up correctly... I can't answer the question for sure about it having to be hooked up to a vacuum, but I would not think so.

Can you adjust it down???
Old 08-27-2007, 12:29 PM
FormerVendor

FPR needs to be vented to atmosphere. Which Aeromotive pump? Which Reg? and you are feeding it from the side and returned out the bottom? Either the pump is not capable or the reg does not have the right spring setup...or your gauge is off but unlikely.

Nate
Old 08-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Launching!

I am using the Performance products EFI regulator, I am not sure which Aeromotive pump but I can find out, I am feeding the reg from the side and returning from the bottom. I am starting to think it is a bad regulator....but I wont know more until I get home tonight.

-Jamin