Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

twin intank pump questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 05:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twin intank pump questions

im putting together a twin intank using stock feed and purge lines with mallory regulator and twin 255 pumps. also using billet fuel rails. -6line

my question is do I have to run the second pump on a boost switch? is anyone running without boost switch? Im wondering if it will increase my pressures down low/idle with having both pumps going and such a small return line.

tia!

Mike

Im not wanting to use a switch to keep everything as simple as possible. 1 less thing to worry about when I get into boost.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:30 PM
FormerVendor

Bigger problem is heating the fuel with both running through -6 line all the time. Run one on a switch. I would up the line size you are going to be choking those pumps with that small of line.

Nate
Old 09-17-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have twin pumps with -6 return 1/2" Feed. I haven't had a chance to play with it a whole lot. I tried running both pumps @ idle just to make sure everything was workin and it definately affected fuel pressure. When I went back to 1 pump @ idle I had to adjust the FPR quite a bit to get back to 60 psi. I personally would only run 1 pump till you need the 2nd one. I have read of guys runnin both pumps continuously without probs, but I don't think mine liked it very well.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:27 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

I run a pair of Bosch pumps full time...( external )

Ive only done about 10,000miles with this setup, but no probs so far.

-8 feed, with -6 return.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:54 PM
Teching In

plenty of people run the stock line setup with twin intanks. speed inc has supported 1000rwhp with this setup. Id rather not use one on a switch for the fact that its one more then that could go wrong.

mike