Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Pressure + Rails?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pressure + Rails?

Hey guys I was just wondering how long fuel pressure remains in the the fuel rails?

Right now I do not have a fuel pressure gauge around to test my friends car but I can tell you as soon as you put the key to the running position it shoots fuel out of the schrader valve. Now if you put the key to the running position and wait like 5 seconds and push the shcrader valve in only bubbles come out and no gas.

Bad fuel pressure regulator?

So far we replaced the the pump, filter and he is getting some used injectors in.

The story behind his car is that he was driving it home and died on the highway. At first we thought it was the fuel pump, which actually did die. We later found out the gas level unit was screwed up and there was no gas in the tank at all when we took the pump out. The gas that was in the tank was also probably old gas. Which means that lady lied to him about getting the tank filled up.

Now we replaced all the other things listed above and we also put 11 gallons of gas in the car to try to force some of the bad gas out of the schrader valve...we also put in some octane booster but just a tiny bit. When the first batch of gas came out it was neon yellow and didnt even smell like gas...We got a ton of the **** gas out so it actually looks and smells like gas when it comes out the schrader valve.

Its also a 98 Z28.

Thanks,

Dan
Old 09-18-2007, 10:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

21 views but no thoughts?