Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Drain Tank?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 05:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Drain Tank?

hey guys,

i'm getting ready to store my cars for winter, my 02 has a full tank of gas that I need to empty out, so I can put some fresh gas in there with stabhil (spelling?)

I don't have time to drive it all over to drain the gas out, I've only had it out once this year.

I tried to put a tube down the fill neck to siphon the tank, but the roll over protection built in there, wont let the tube get down

how else can I drank the tank easy and fast?

I have a T connection on the fuel rail for my N20....I'm half tempted to connect the line to the fuel rail, put the other end in a bucket and start it up!!!

any ideas?
Old 09-29-2007, 08:39 PM
11 Second Club

I just add stabil into the gas I have in the tank and drive around the block a few times to be sure it gets pumped all the way up through the lines and injectors.

Done this for the last 6 or so years and never had an issue.

If you want to drain the tank, pull the schrader valve on the fuel rail, hook a piece of tubing to the end of the rail and put the other end into a can. Jump the fuel pump power in the fuse block under the hood and just pump it out into the can.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:53 AM
TECH Junkie

thank you sir

normally i would just add the stabil, its just the gas thats in there, is probably getting a little old itself, i wanna top it off with some fresh
Old 09-30-2007, 02:07 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

schrader valve and a nitrous line into a gas tank and jump the fuel pump with 12v...or let idle in the driveway for 30 minutes...