Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Whos running this nasty fuel system

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Whos running this nasty fuel system

Have twin turbos as you can see in sig. Want to do fuel system for it. Toss up between APS twin pump with optional upgrade supposedly good for 1000rwhp. I am shooting for around 850rwhp from the turbos and 408 and another 150 possibly from direct port system.

The nasty system I am looking at is the one think for 1400hp.
Its got a 4203 magnafuel pump big lines and rails and their custom tank.
Think read some things about problems with putting fuel in their custom tank sometimes..anyone running one of these tanks? Any problems with it??
Also who is running a magnafuel 4202 or 4203 pump.They say they are pretty quiet? Is this true..are they pretty quiet. My car is street not track car and want it to be as quiet as possible.

The APS setup is dual in tank pumps. Pricing between the two is not much difference really when you add in the optional 1000hp APS upgrade and its power handling is maybe a bit under what I should get.

So lets hear it guys ,opinions,experiences.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:52 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We also have a twin intank setup that would be just right for your setup. Our Stage3 street kit has seen 980rwhp and no signs of letting up. The stage 2 race kit is a little over kill for you.

Nate
Old 10-16-2007, 12:09 AM
TECH Veteran

I am shooting for 850 or so rwhp with afr 225s and a 408. I might hit some spray on top of that maybe 100 to 150 shot.
Would rather be a bit more safe than sorry. Also think your intank needs you to send away bucket to get it modified for sender. APS system doesn't require that.

I am not too worried about spending a bit more on your 1400 hp setup. I do remember reading about some guys not being able to put fuel in their tanks but not sure how long ago that was. Is there any problem with putting fuel in your custom tank. Is the tank a straight drop in? And how quiet are those magnafuel 4202 and 4203 pumps. My car is a street car not a race car. An external does seem to be good idea if you have to swap out a pump but I plan on doing the access cover method anyway. Gm should have put it in to start with so not going to be a big deal swapping intank pumps much either.

APS has some problems with its intank hoses. But think they took care of the problem. That was in vettes not the f body system.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:11 AM
10 Second Club

what I would like to know about both APS and Nasty nate twin intank systems is can you run with less than 1/2 a tank of fuel
I have a walbro now in a stock bucket and if I have less than 1/2 tank my fuel pressure will fall off under boost but not so much when it is full
Old 10-16-2007, 03:06 PM
FormerVendor

OK if you are shooting for that much AND the nitrous the Race kit is a better route and will give you room to grow. I have seen Zero issues filling our tanks. As long as they are vented properly it is just like filling your stock tank. The pumps are not quiet but are not nearly as loud as some race pumps. they are built fro large volume and good street manners. I have used about every pump available for our systems and these are by far the best.

Should drop tank when replacing pumps we require it as you need to clean the junk out of the tank as to not damage the new pumps.

Darren- Our twin intank setup can be run to just about empty as the pumps are positioned to suck straight off the bottom. Your singe is not the correct pump or the install is bad if you can not go lower than 1/2 tank.

Nate
Old 10-16-2007, 04:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Ok thanks for the info. I don't likely need dead quiet as am doing rear end and expect some gear noise and have cutout that can open a bit here and there and have loud stereo and then there will be all the twin turbo noise.

So the magnafuel is the quietest external you have that can take this type of power?
Old 10-16-2007, 10:03 PM
12 Second Club

i like the aps double pumper and then for the nitrous have a remote tank for high octane fuel. nastey nate makes some great stuff too, but the aps is just so plug and play its retarded.