Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

What should LTFTs be???

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 08:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What should LTFTs be???

During normal driving, what should they be? Am I shooting for never seeing a positive #. Or just having my average negative. Right now I am not seeing a positive # and am running really rich. Is this OK or should I tone it down a little?
Old 06-19-2003, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: What should LTFTs be???

You ant your average to be negative. You want to be in the -8 - 0 range. Some people will shoot as low as -8 so that when weather, air, temp conditions change your average won't go above 0. LTFTs will bounce back and forth and positive LTFTs are OK, you just ant your average to be low. Also you want your LTFTs to 0 out at WOT. That is an indicator that they are not dumping fuel in WOT conditions.

Mike
Old 06-24-2003, 03:49 PM
Launching!

You ant your average to be negative. You want to be in the -8 - 0 range. Some people will shoot as low as -8 so that when weather, air, temp conditions change your average won't go above 0. LTFTs will bounce back and forth and positive LTFTs are OK, you just ant your average to be low. Also you want your LTFTs to 0 out at WOT. That is an indicator that they are not dumping fuel in WOT conditions.

Mike
I disagree, whats an average do?

You're all set SS3520. Your LTFTs are all neg meaning when you go WOT, there will be no fuel added above and beyond what the PE table calls for. You need to make changes for WOT by whatever means you are using. Lean it out.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:24 PM
Teching In

The more I think about it the more I agree with you. How do I know that the majority of my logged data is not at a spot where high or low LTFTs are normal. That would throw my average off considerable either to high or to low and I would never know. I am currently tuning with MAFT and I am +4... I think thats adding 20% or something. That just seems excessive to me to have to add that much fuel. I guess I am under estimating my mods.