Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Anyone have problems with Autometer sending units?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 05:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone have problems with Autometer sending units?

After the car has sat all winter I fired it up today, and my Autometer fuel pressure gauage wasn't working. So I took the sending unit off and blew into it thinking maybe something was in it, and now when I turn the key to on (not starting it up) the gauge goes to 51psi and when I do start it up it doesn't move. Even when I push the throttle... nothing. What sucks is I only ran the car for 4k miles and now it appears to not be working right, and I bought it about 2 years ago.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:50 PM
TECH Regular

yea something is wrong with my autometer fuel pressure gauge also, car sat for 1 1/2 years while it was being built. My FP gauge doesnt do anything lol, and it always had some moisture in it even when i first put it in. Might try another brand cause i doubt they will do anything about after this long. I dont even think it had 4k miles on it lol.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:56 PM
10 Second Club

Well I called Autometer and they told me to check it with a volt meter. I did, and it appears it's not the sending unit that is bad, but the gauge it's self. Now I have to remove the gauge pillar which is a bitch, and get the gauge out to send it to Autometer.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:24 AM
11 Second Club

I have the same problem with my autometer fuel guage, stored it for the winter and when i got it out the guage was not working, how did they say to test it with a volt meter?

Captain InsaneO....did you get the guage sent back to autometer, and how long did you have it or will they allow you before you can send it back? Thanks
Old 05-18-2009, 11:14 PM
10 Second Club

I thought I'd bring this back up since the new one they sent me a year ago April has now stopped working also.

You can't see it, but it's stuck on 60 all the time, does not move, pisses me off.