Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel pump 67 w/ls1

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 07:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default fuel pump 67 w/ls1

What in-line fuel pump should I use for a ls1 in a 67 camaro. Right now I am using a ac delco ep-185 I think and I am at 58psi at idle. When i increase throttle pressure drops rappidly.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:56 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A Walbro 255 will be fine...what are you using fro a reg. and lines?

Nate
Old 06-03-2008, 06:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 67 camero is my friends ride he wrote the original post though he is still running the stock fuel tank and he has an external fuel pump. The engine was pulled from a 01 Z28 that had been wrecked. He told me last night that he was using the stock regulator the one on the fuel rail, seems to me that he doesn't have one because if I remember correctly the regulator on those cars is located in the tank. Not on the rail, he was talking about the little round guy inbetween the rails. Now I am confused so I need to know if this is in fact a regulator and if not he definetly doesn't have one. Second I dont think his current pump puts out enough to keep up because with out a regulator it should run wide open and basically run at shut off head, but as soon as he gases it the fuel pressure drops to right around 40psi. Needless to say the car is lean spark plugs are white and what turned me on to it was the detonation I heard when I rode with him the other night.

I need to know what kind of external/in line pump will support 58psi and enough flow.

Also if there is any truth to the round guy inbetween the rails being a regulator. If there is any question as to what I am talking about take a look at the attached thumbnail.

Thanks for the help guys!
Attached Thumbnails fuel pump 67 w/ls1-ls1.jpg