Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Racetronix pump install MUST READ!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 11:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racetronix pump install MUST READ!!

After my fuel pressure started dropping I took the pump out tonight and here is what I found. First off I paid to have this done by a professional speed shop whos name at this time I will withhold. The black rubber boot that the pump sits in is supposed to be cut down length wise. The boot was cut circumferentially instead!! This is where the problem is. The boot holds the pump up in the bucket. When the boot was cut circumferentially it allowed the pump to slide down into the bucket resting on the flat surface, choking out the input of the pump. The problem is the boot is destroyed and I dont know if I can buy one seperate from the assembly. If you paid a pro to do this and you are having troubles it may be the same thing.

Last edited by jcolews6; 07-01-2008 at 11:22 PM. Reason: add
Old 07-01-2008, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 10 Year

get your money back and get a new boot. Did you drop the tank or mod the trunk?
Old 07-01-2008, 11:37 PM
On The Tree

I paid to have the pro drop tank even though before I had cut tank in my old car. This time I went ahead and cut the hole and did it myself. It is very easy to do but I wanted to save the integrity of the car and not hack it up. At least if you do it yourself you know its done right. Thanks
Old 07-03-2008, 09:03 PM
TECH Regular

Man.. Sweet zip tie!LOL. Doin the swap my self right now. I would be pissed if I dropped my tank and found that.. make a complaint with the BBB
Old 07-05-2008, 09:30 AM
IMD
Banned

that boot looks torn...not cut.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:17 AM
Teching In

I did mine myself and was sure to be precise on Every little detail... I SoOo hate dropping that damn tank by myself

The easiest way to do it, would be to call GM shops around you or visit and find a sending unit assembly that was replaced and keep it for parts! you can easily rob the boot and some of the trucks even use some of the same pieces in their assemblies I believe.

I have 2 or 3 of those things for parts in case mine takes a crap with the fuel level sensor or any other part. Much cheaper considering a new one is hundreds of dollars, you kno. Just my .02, good luck and sorry you had such bad luck paying someone! to do it. Been there, done that... I was robbed of a set of cometic gaskets by a mechanic who was into LS/LT motors at a shop. He supposedly did not know what they were!? And "through them away" then replaced them with stockers and charged me full mark up on them. ...bastards
Old 07-09-2008, 01:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those rubber boots get the gasoline rot after being submersed for so long. It should have been replaced in the 1st place.