Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser 12 bolt question

Old 03-23-2010, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moser 12 bolt question

Can you replace the axle seals (the ones that leak), the outers by the brakes without pulling the diff cover? My Moser doesn't have C-clip axles. I had the seals replaced and now the T/A cover is leaking. The tech said he never took the cover off; is that even possible?
Old 03-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Teching In

if you have c-clip eliminated axles you can pull the brakes and axle off with out doing any work inside the rear diff. if not YOU HAVE TO remove the cover and remove the c-clips to pull the axle. maybe he removed it and noticed there was no c-clip in there and said the hell with it. reistalled the cover without cleaning the surface well and went to work yanking the axles.

ive went through my fair share of moser 12 bolt leaking. anything else i can help with let me know.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wish my rear had the C-clips eliminators because he charged me like $400.00 to pull the axles and replace the seals. But hes claiming he never pulled the cover, so if its leaking...its not because of him. But if there are C-clips, how can you not pull the cover?
Old 03-23-2010, 03:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=99monguse;13075966]I wish my rear had the C-clips eliminators because he charged me like $400.00 to pull the axles and replace the seals. But hes claiming he never pulled the cover, so if its leaking...its not because of him. But if there are no C-clips, how can you not pull the cover? He said he had to uae like a slide-hammer to pull the axles.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Teching In

the only way that i know of to remove a non c clip elininated axle is to pull the cover and remove the c clips and pull the axles. if theres some other easier way of doing it without removing the cover id love to know. lol.

are you 100% sure you dont have c-clip eleminated axles?

Search this Thread