Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

9" brakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9" brakes

i have a bare 9" housing setup for an f-body, and was wanting to know what kind of options i have for brakes? does anyone know if u can get a bracket to retain stock brakes or am i stuck with willwood/aerospace type?
Old 06-15-2010, 05:11 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Mosers housings can be set up to use the factory brakes, you'll have to find out what the ends are set up for. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 06-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Staging Lane

Moser, at this current time, puts a special end on their housings for the 4th gen f-body. The end is designed to use factory brakes for 98-02. It's a small GM end that flush mounts the axle bearing. If you have 97 and below 4th gen, they send a spacer with their kits so you can run those factory brakes also.

I bought one of these rears from Bob but will not be using the factory brakes. I put an order in yesterday to aerospace for some brakes and the kit had to be custom due to nature of this housing end and 40 spline axles.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:32 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Outlaw72
Moser, at this current time, puts a special end on their housings for the 4th gen f-body. The end is designed to use factory brakes for 98-02. It's a small GM end that flush mounts the axle bearing. If you have 97 and below 4th gen, they send a spacer with their kits so you can run those factory brakes also.

I bought one of these rears from Bob but will not be using the factory brakes. I put an order in yesterday to aerospace for some brakes and the kit had to be custom due to nature of this housing end and 40 spline axles.
Thanks Jerry, whenever I take a Moser order I ask what kind of brakes the customer is going to be using, because Moser can build the rear for whatever brakes the customer wants to use, for no extra charge.

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 06-15-2010, 12:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Thanks Jerry, whenever I take a Moser order I ask what kind of brakes the customer is going to be using, because Moser can build the rear for whatever brakes the customer wants to use, for no extra charge.
Yes you do.....and this was something I didn't think through. It's my fault for not mentioning but I really wanted a big ford end on it. No biggie, this was my mistake. I was going to run Aerospace brakes anyway so they are making me a kit right now to work with these 4th gen ends, which are constructed very well.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

i think that they are the "ford big ends" its what ever came on the rear from ford
Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Mosers housings can be set up to use the factory brakes, you'll have to find out what the ends are set up for. Bob
Old 06-18-2010, 12:38 AM
Staging Lane

keeven....look at this chart and get a ruler to identify your ends.

http://aerospacecomponents.com/image..._selection.pdf