Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Strange whine?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro Junky
Think I had Valvoline, I put non synthetic as directions requested. I went to the 140 oil, but not Lucas oil.

My rear did the same thing pulling to the right. I changed the shocks and it went away. How old are your shocks in the back?
Mine are still stock. Man thats like the only thing I have not changed out yet. Wonder how your shocks fixed it, sounds kinda crazy. What shocks did you go to?
Old 07-08-2010, 04:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by justinj
Mine are still stock. Man thats like the only thing I have not changed out yet. Wonder how your shocks fixed it, sounds kinda crazy. What shocks did you go to?
De carbons were on there and looked old. I just lowered the car with adjustable KYB shocks and Hotchkis springs. After the swap the car did not pull to the right on a hard acceleration.

Now just have to get new gears to replace the new gears that are on there for the whine.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro Junky
De carbons were on there and looked old. I just lowered the car with adjustable KYB shocks and Hotchkis springs. After the swap the car did not pull to the right on a hard acceleration.

Now just have to get new gears to replace the new gears that are on there for the whine.
man that suck, put in good rear gear oil and forget about it, redline gear oil is good and quiet alot of my ex stang and friends camaro.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by killagt
man that suck, put in good rear gear oil and forget about it, redline gear oil is good and quiet alot of my ex stang and friends camaro.
What's the weight on the redline, also where can I get it?
Old 07-09-2010, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by justinj
What's the weight on the redline, also where can I get it?
75w90

http://myoilshop.com/ is the best cheap place online. I havent found any other place sell cheaper and fast shipping then em. remember change your gear oil out side the garage, cause redline gear oil is smell really bad, wich is good cause of all the friction addictive they put in.