Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Is this normal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is this normal?

Hey guys,
here are the issues Im having. When I start my car I turn off the ASR button and when I start driving on the highway, even though the dash says ASR OFF, I will still get the low trac light at about 60MPH. Any suggestions? As you can tell the car has a 4 channel set up. Would this be the wheel speed sensors being bad or something else? I also get ABS INOP light after driving on the highway for a while...
thanks!
Old 04-23-2011, 02:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It does sound like a faulty speed sensor. I had something simular.
I heard you can read the codes out of the VCM to find out what side is at fault.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedWS6 00
It does sound like a faulty speed sensor. I had something simular.
I heard you can read the codes out of the VCM to find out what side is at fault.
C0046 .............. Left Rear Wheel Speed Circuit Range/Performance
C0051 ............. Right Rear Wheel Speed Circuit Range/Performance
C0245 ........................... Wheel Speed Sensor Frequency Error

These are the code my VCM is giving me. What I dont understand is that my low trac light comes on when I turn ASR off. It seems as if the wheel speed sensors are overriding the ASR off, which doesnt seem logical. Im going to replace the sensors soon, ordering on Monday. Just dont get why the low trac light comes on when ASR is off
Old 04-23-2011, 03:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 01Blk*SS*
C0046 .............. Left Rear Wheel Speed Circuit Range/Performance
C0051 ............. Right Rear Wheel Speed Circuit Range/Performance
C0245 ........................... Wheel Speed Sensor Frequency Error

These are the code my VCM is giving me. What I dont understand is that my low trac light comes on when I turn ASR off. It seems as if the wheel speed sensors are overriding the ASR off, which doesnt seem logical. Im going to replace the sensors soon, ordering on Monday. Just dont get why the low trac light comes on when ASR is off
I dont have ASR, just ABS, I only have the 3 sensor version, my diff was on its way out, I have a sensor on top of the diff (you dont have that as you have them on the wheels instead) So what I'm trying to say is that even with no ASR fitted the low trac light comes on when a speed sensor is reading incorrect.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedWS6 00
I dont have ASR, just ABS, I only have the 3 sensor version, my diff was on its way out, I have a sensor on top of the diff (you dont have that as you have them on the wheels instead) So what I'm trying to say is that even with no ASR fitted the low trac light comes on when a speed sensor is reading incorrect.
Got ya, thanks. So when the low trac light comes on, it doesnt cut spark timing? Because if it did cut timing on even a 3channel car, there would be no way to turn it off...