Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

9in, play in the gear?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 9in, play in the gear?

I just installed a Moser 9in setup in my buddies camaro, and it seems like there is excessive play in the ring gear/pinion to me, I can turn the wheel about a half inch before the driveshaft moves. This is a complete moser setup and the center section was already set up so I didnt touch it. Anyone else have this problem/worry with theirs?

My car has a 9in, but the gear is setup pretty tight by quick performance I dont notice this with mine.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

i had a shop install mine ...i have moser 9 inch 31 spline with detroit truetrac and there is same play u talk about all the people i have talked to say there needs to be some and it is normal
Old 07-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Launching!

that plays called backlash. and its normal.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ZTwentyAteU
I just installed a Moser 9in setup in my buddies camaro, and it seems like there is excessive play in the ring gear/pinion to me, I can turn the wheel about a half inch before the driveshaft moves. This is a complete moser setup and the center section was already set up so I didnt touch it. Anyone else have this problem/worry with theirs?

My car has a 9in, but the gear is setup pretty tight by quick performance I dont notice this with mine.
Sir, thats Normal LMAO
Old 07-04-2011, 07:46 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Question

Originally Posted by ZTwentyAteU

Is the differential a locker by chance? Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website