Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Rear end Removal.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 04:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear end Removal.

I was thinking, when my 9" arrives, how easy is it going to be to remove the stock 10 bolt. While i was under the car replacing the clutch, i had to remove the TA mount. Doing this left the TA to spring upwards towards the floor pan. Was this due to the pressure that the springs were putting on the back of the rear end? causing it to spin upwards? when I remove the old 10 bolt would the proper order be to removed be as follows....
sway bar, panhard, springs, shocks, TA, Brakes, and then the rest right?
S
Old 03-04-2004, 03:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

control arms should be the last one to be remove.be careful think safety.good luck.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:38 AM
TECH Resident

remove everthing but the lca's first. if you want the torque arm to come off easier make sure that the wheels are not just hanging in the air. this will cause a bunch of preload and make it a PITA. use the jack on the bottom of the rear end to relieve some of the pressure (while the car is still on jackstands of course ) once you get everything off except the lca's, put the jack under the rear end again. take the lca's out and lower the rear end down and your done, except you kind of have to wriggle it through the brake lines to pull it out, but it's not big deal. good luck
Old 03-04-2004, 01:10 PM
Launching!

ok kewl, yeah as soon as my 9" comes in i plan on spending a lot of time on my back haha.
S