Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

ring an pinion prices

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 09:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ring an pinion prices

so my rear end is starting to wine a lil bit under load at 55-60 mph because iv been beating the **** out of it since i put the 6 speed in. from what iv read its prolly the carrier bearing. i have a couple questions though.

1. im not sure what series carrier i have. iv never pulled the cover because my girdle has a drain plug in it. is there any way to tell without pulling the cover? i just changed the fluid so it would kinda be a waist.

2. iv been looking into motive 3.90 gears because a buddy of mine that ill prolly have set up my rear said he would only run motive and a 3.90 because they are stronger than a 4.10 and would better suit my cars setup. but why are they so much more expensive than the other gear ratios? the cheapest if found is from the ws6 store for about 208.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:52 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ring and pinion pricing is typically controlled by the mfg's and or the first line suppliers ie Strange, Moser etc. Selling ring and pinion sets is offered more as a service than a profitable sale. Speaking strictly from My experience, breaking even on a R&P sale is the norm.

Carl