Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

NASCAR centersection

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default NASCAR centersection

I'm looking to build a 9" on a semi budget. May go s60 if I can't get the price down. Car is auto ls3 and street driven.may go manual and track soon though.

How good of a value are these NASCAR centers that are on eBay? Lightened case billet everything arp throughout. They are about $700 but have a Detroit locker and I don't want to go that route. Even with a wavetrack or posi won't I still come out much cheaper and have better parts than if I buy from moser or strange?
Old 04-24-2012, 03:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im running a Nascar third member on the street and love it.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How is your gear noise? That's one of my biggest concerns is that I don't want to replace the gears also. The locker isn't horrible on the road? Do you daily drive or just a weekend car?
Old 04-24-2012, 05:39 PM
Teching In

I've run used gears from teams before and have always had good results. Most are usually deburred and my last set was cryogenic hardened. Besides they all only have about 500 miles on them...hard miles that is.

One thing to remember is to buy a center complete. And if your going to buy the parts and build one be sure of what locker your getting matches your centers bearing size. Also beware of the Detroit LTO locker. Its not very friendly except for left turns.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:28 PM
TECH Resident

I love my center. I stuck it in and never touched it. I have some noise on acceleration (aka when you don't hear it anyway) and absolutely none on decel. The locker doesn't bother me either. I feel like a badass when it does its little clunk at the stoplights.

I daily drive mine and weekly commute 50 miles on the interstate to college. 24 mpg even with the big *** cam.

Quick Reply: NASCAR centersection