Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Exploded 10 Bolt

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doubt it.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2win_SS
Why do some stock 10b whine with gears and some dnt? My buddy T/A sounds like it has a whipple supercharger in the rear end lol... Was it not installed rite? Pinion depth off? Not long enough break in period? I need the answer. Makes men2nd guess putn in 4.10 in my M6
my rear in my 02 is howling and got a good groan now on decel.
i recently talked to a local shop about getting it rebuilt, the guy seemed sincere and said he's set up a few gm 7.5" and had them come out noisy and had a customer come back. he reworked them and even called GM tech support and was told it's a fact of life since the ring gear is so small... that's basically what i remember hearing on the phone. so take it for what it's worth.
I asked the guy about rebuilding mine and he said he could not guarantee it would not be quiet and recommended getting an aftermarket rear end with a bigger ring gear. so unless mine is something simple like an axle bearing, and i don't even feel like putting a $1 into it, gonna go with an S60 and new tq arm and try to swap it all out over the winter in my garage.
so there might be a 10-bolt complete rear for sale if anyone wants it.