Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

factory torque arm question

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default factory torque arm question

Hi, I just ordered a s60 about a month ago. I'm on a budget and this is my first major mod. I got one question. will my factory torque arm be alright for a while till i get the funds for another torque arm and a relocation cross member to take it off the tranny? Thanks for all your help.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by angus4951
Hi, I just ordered a s60 about a month ago. I'm on a budget and this is my first major mod. I got one question. will my factory torque arm be alright for a while till i get the funds for another torque arm and a relocation cross member to take it off the tranny? Thanks for all your help.
On a 95 yes. My S60 was an absolute drop in.

Al 95 Z 28, TH400, S60 w/spool and 4.30's
Old 07-17-2012, 06:30 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Just keep an eye on the oem torque arm. I have seen them bend approx six inches ahead of the rear. When they bend the front of the rear will start to angle upward. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 07-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks for your guys input

Ok thanks for the heads up bob. one question though. I don't plan on lowering the car so would a non adjustable torque arm and a cross member that relocates it off the trannys tailshaft be alright? I plan to go with a full length torque arm. I don't drag race at all. I just like to improve on various areas of the car. In other words make it better than stock but still very streetable. Reason why I'm replacing axle is well just to get rid of a weak link. Thanks for al your input guys. my sig is blank I thought i put stuff in there but I guess not. My car is a 2002 z28 M6. stock as all I can tell. except for some pcm tuning such as deleting the AIR codes and cat codes.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:15 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by angus4951
Ok thanks for the heads up bob. one question though. I don't plan on lowering the car so would a non adjustable torque arm and a cross member that relocates it off the trannys tailshaft be alright? I plan to go with a full length torque arm. I don't drag race at all. I just like to improve on various areas of the car. In other words make it better than stock but still very streetable. Reason why I'm replacing axle is well just to get rid of a weak link. Thanks for al your input guys. my sig is blank I thought i put stuff in there but I guess not. My car is a 2002 z28 M6. stock as all I can tell. except for some pcm tuning such as deleting the AIR codes and cat codes.
You're welcome. An adjustable torque arm is not that much more than the non adjustable torque arms, I always recommend going with adjustable as it allows you to adjust the pinion angle. You may not ever need to adjust the pinion angle, but it would be there in case you ever need to. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: factory torque arm question