Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Question on gear install........

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 10:19 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Question on gear install........

My buddy wants to get 4.10's for his '00 SS M6,and saw this on LMPerformance's website...
http://www.lmperformance.com/784/1.html
If your installing 4.10:1 gears in your 7.5 or 7.625 differential, you will need this PADDLE PIN KIT to complete the installation. This specially designed kit replaces the stock pin with a 2 piece pin designed for the "thicker" 4.10 gear set.
is this true?ive never heard of any paddle needing to be installed when going to 4.10's.is it a money making BS part or is it the real deal ??thanks
Old 04-12-2004, 11:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The paddle is what keeps the axles pushed out to retain the c-clips on Zexel Torsen carriers. It is equivelent to the pin on auburn carriers. The ring gear is thicker on 4.10s and the paddle will hit the gear when you go to reinstall it. You can grind the back edge of the stock paddle and it will fit fine. Some even grind the ring gear. I have personally installed 4.10s and just ground a little on the paddle to make it fit. You will see where and how much to grind when you try and reinstall it. It's not much.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:28 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks man ill let him know about that.he said that he didnt want to have to spend the extra money on them so he was getting some nitrous instead.dont ask me about his logic lol.but im sure now that he knows this he'll probably end up doing both.