Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

I need some advice please help!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some advice please help!!!!!!!

I had my stock rear gears swaped for a set of 4.10 gears, the mechanic that did it for me got a set of Yukon 4.10 gears, He said he has had a good relationship with them, Well he installed the 4.10s and they were whinning so bad i had to take them back to him he adjusted them and gave them back, they still whinned like crazy, so he took it back readjusted and theyu were better but then they slowly got worse to the point where i couldnt' hear them over the radio, so i took them back and he called up Yukon for another set of gears and he told me that they wouldnt' send him another set of 4.10s casue they just weren't working this was after he told me that they would send another set because it might have been a bad casing, anyways i loved the 4.10s to death even with the whinning they were awesome well he told me that they wouldn't send another set of 4.10s adn they sent 3.73s which granted are better then stock gears but they deff arn't 4.10s, well basically i'm not happy with the 3.73s and they still whine adn i was just wondering what i should do cause i loved the 4.10s and this mechanic is a good guy he has helped me many times, thanks................
Old 04-23-2004, 12:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say have him take the gears back, then buy a set of gears from another company (like Strange, GM, Richmond, etc) and have him install those... if they STILL whine, then it isn't the gears, it's the install. Gears shouldn't whine that bad right out of the box, no matter what gear ratio they are...